Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Talent on loan from God

Tonight's dinner conversation was about how girls are smarter than boys. (I'm just doin' what I can to build their self confidence ya know!). I pointed out that when the DaddyMan was A's age, he had a tutor.

A's response? "What'd he need a tutor for? He has a built in one!"

(seriously, I do NOT make this stuff up....nor encourage her!)

A few minutes later, my so gifted oldest child demonstrated her ability to burp her ABCs. We're so proud to announce that she can do the ENTIRE alphabet in a series of small burps. I commented that I couldn't wait fer the church's talent night so she could perform. :insert eye roll:

A's response? "Hey! Maybe I could burp a Bible verse!"

She then proceded to burp "For everyone who calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved." Romans 10:13.

We're so proud.

2 comments:

Journey of the Heart said...

Oh yes - haven't you heard - most kids try out for spelling B's - However A has higher expectations for herself.

First Annual Bible Verse Burping Contest!

Carrie said...

My father would be especially proud of such talent at such a young "tender" age.

Your kids quick-wittedness (if there is such a word)will never cease to amaze me.