Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Ow.

Yesterday, while workin' hard at my little computer (no laughing!), I pulled something. Something between my right (aka mouse-using) arm and my spinal column went "POP" and I went "OW!". It only took me a few minutes to decide that it was going to be a long day.

It was also a long 2 hours before I could call my chiropractor. God bless Dr. Bill....he could see me in an HOUR.

I loaded up the girls, we drove to the office (a bit of a challenge when turning one's head is painful and so is moving your right arm)and I got put right on the table. Then I got cracked. I LOVE getting cracked. Aaaaah.....

Then I got my neck cracked. I think I love that even more than havin' my back cracked. Oooh, it feels SOOOOOO good! I will not share what I compared it to once. Let's just say my dh was embarrassed and slightly mortified when I said it. (He gets like that every so often when I'm talking. ;))

But my upper back still hurt. So then the incredible Dr. Bill massaged my owie back. I sat w/my head tipped to the side and my tongue lolling out like a dog with his head hanging out the car window. Aaaah.....

Later in the day, after a handfull of Advil I dug thru the freezer looking for the cool chiro-issued cold pack. I couldn't find it so I settled for a bag of frozen corn and headed to the couch. A passed by and said, "Whatcha doin' Mom? Veggin' out?"

I would've smacked her....but my arm hurt.

3 comments:

ThoughtfulMom said...

HA! A witty one, that she is.

Mary said...

LOL! Did the veggin' out help?

~*~ Jennifer ~*~ said...

Oh... my dh does the chiro thing. I love that man -- he makes my dh livable again. Or is that easier to live with again. Or, or... something. I love my dh's chiropractor! °Ü°

Hope you are doing better today -- did the chiro tell you to stretch before any strenuous computer activity in the future?