Wednesday, August 22, 2007

That'll learn 'em!

We had thunderstorms this morning. It was morning if you consider 3:42 morning. That's about the time the first crack of thunder happened and by 3:45 I'd tucked one child into a comforter on the floor beside me and bounced out of bed to get the one that was screaming.

A few minutes later I was thinking deep thoughts as I snuggled my sweet 2 yo, who was burrowing into me to protect her from the storm. I likened it to how God protects us and wraps His arms around us in life's storms.

By 4 am, I realized my sleep for the day was done. I was no longer thinking deep thoughts. I won't post the ones I was thinking---they're not as nice and my previous thoughts.

At 4:25 I suggested the two wiggling bodies that were too close to me that they should go find their daddy downstairs. He considers this time of day to be a good time to be awake so it seemed logical to me that they go spend time with HIM.

When 5 am rolled around and the big one had joined the rowdy throng in my bed, I decided I might as well get up. I no longer had covers and barely had any bed and the hoodlums in my bed were louder than the storm outside the window.

They wanted breakfast. I told them no. I didn't want to have to feed them extra meals.

I insisted we start school. (That'll learn 'em to get ME outta bed before they should!)

By 6:15 am....we were more than 1/2 done with our school day. So I can blow the rest of the day doing other important things. Like blogging.....

1 comment:

~*~ Jennifer ~*~ said...

No WAY!!! Good plan. I'm stealing that idea!! HA HA!!

Good one... ::snicker:: HA!