Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Pride goes before a fall

Today the big girls had dental appointments. They had a cancellation, so they got me in today instead of tomorrow which was a big WHOOOHOO in my book. M waited patiently through everyone's checkups and when she realized she was NOT getting a turn.....she pitched a fit.

So, they gave her a turn. I thought they were going to give her a ride in the chair. They did, as well as a full exam, cleaning, flouride AND xrays! And would you believe, the child I would vote "most likely to NOT cooperate" sat like an ANGEL through it all??

Yep, this mama was proud. VERY proud! They raved about her and I glowed inside from my pride.

Therefore it should serve as NO surprise what happened next.

We went to the grocery store. It was kind of crowded and we got stuck behind a man doing his shopping. It was at that point, that the child who had just made her mother beam with pride 30 minutes earlier made her mother (who seldom blushes) turn 30 shades of red.....

Remember....M doesn't speak super clearly. People ask on a regular basis if she's speaking Chinese. I can almost always understand her, but today....EVERYONE understood what she said to the man that dared to slow down her shopping....



"Get outta MY WAY!"


The man turned and looked at her and said, "Get out of my way, huh?"

I stuttered, "Oh my gosh, I am SO sorry!"

Oh man.... please floor....suck me down now..... I scolded her, "M!! APOLOGIZE! Say you're sorry!!" She started to cry. So I apologized again.

Then we worked our way to the door with the remorseful, howling 3 year old clinging to my leg.

Yeah baby... I'm SO proud of her today.....

1 comment:

~*~ Jennifer ~*~ said...

HA - wouldn't ya know it??

That's how come we can love them through the embarrassments... they'll make us proud some day. LOL