Thursday, January 31, 2008

Aaah, winter!

It's winter here. If you're new, you don't know how much I don't like winter. I don't like to be cold, I hate the hassle of finding hats, boots, coats, gloves and everything else before we can leave the house, I don't like the mess and did I mention, I don't like being cold??

Yesterday afternoon was downright bitter. When I drove to the church to take the big kids to the evening program, it was 9 degrees out. Brr! As we pulled into the church parking lot, I noticed there were only about 5 cars there. Um...hmm...obviously the youth program was cancelled and I didn't get the memo. I was rather confused as to how that happened but decided to just turn around and go home and not ask questions.

I called a friend who's dh happens to work in the public school and when she asked what I was doing, I told her. She informed me school was cancelled yesterday, due to cold and wind chills. Oh, well, that clears my confusion right up! I guess once in a while I should crawl out from under my rock and see what's happening in the world around me!

Today, it's still winter, but it was up to a whopping 23 degrees when we went out. We went to a friend's house to go ice skating. In her backyard. How stinkin' cool is that?? They have a giant ice rink in their yard that they build every year so their ice skating and hockey loving family and practice and play.

Going ice skating involves being outside which um... I hate this time of year, but for the good of my kids I did it. I even broke out my long underwear. Actually, they're the DaddyMan's but I managed to shimmy my fat self into them and oooh baby. I think I have a new best friend. I've had these on since this morning and even tho I'm now in my nicely heated house, I'm feeling sooooo much better that I might just have to invest in a few more pairs of these to wear every day.

My next pair won't have the extra little flap and pocket in the front tho. I really don't need that feature.

No comments: