Wednesday, January 2, 2008

It's a new year

What is it about the New Year that encourages and inspires us so much? Is it resolutions and goals? The idea that finally...THIS year will be the one that we organize the house/teach our children the proper way to behave/lose weight/whatever else??

Already this morning I've done 30 minutes on the elliptical and worked on organizing my basement. I also have plans to finally write up a daily chore chart for my kids to follow every morning and plans to spend more time todayworking on getting rid of some of that junk that's taking over my basement. I've eaten a small bagel for breakfast as part of my getting healthy plan and I've calmly addressed a couple of discipline issues in the girls. As soon as I have a quiet time and a shower, it will have really been a productive day!

Because, THIS is the year that I'm going to get things in order around here...physically, spiritually, etc, etc.. This is the beginning of a new year, a new me, a new ..... everything!

Of course, by next week, I'll probably be sitting in a corner, rocking back and forth and eating chocolate at a rapid rate, but for today.... I'm takin' it ALL on!

1 comment:

craftaddictconfessional said...

You can do it! I know you can!