Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Planning for the future

A while back, my girls started making plans to marry up with my dearest friend Carrie's three boys. She has 3 boys and has one that corresponds age wise to each of my girls. You may remember this post when A first wrote a letter to her intended. Carrie and I have discussed my girls' plan and have decided that it would be sweet if this arrangement worked out. Imagine how easy holiday planning would be!

But, it's come to my attention that someone who lives a bit closer to Carrie has laid to claim to G's man. As in, they want him for their baby girl. Today, as Carrie and I were discussing our childrens' futures I told her that this other woman simply could NOT try to lay claim to Carrie's Isaac a.k.a. G's future husband!

I told Carrie that I was fairly certain I could take down that skinny woman who wants my girl's man without even half trying. And just to assure my child's future spouse, I intend to tattoo my name on the bottom of each of her boys' feet so that any other mothers who give my future son-in-laws a second glance will know, they are off the market.

Mama bear does what mama bear has to do....

6 comments:

Carrie said...

All I have to say is that I am praying for all my boys' wives, whomever they are! May God grow them into Proverbs 31 women. :)

ratherbflyin said...

....I would be praying for the 3 girls' husbands....may they have the strength to handle those 3 hoodlums!

Mama Em said...

Wow! Strong words...I have to say tho that all offense is forgiven since you called me skinny! ;) Not to fear, the chances of my stubborn girl doing anything I want are small indeed, especially since we are looking at moving for J's hopeful PhD work...sigh...otherwise, unpregnant, I would take you on b/c those boys are just worth it! However, I will admit that you laid claim earlier than I...

Carrie said...

Ok, I am still chuckling over this. GS, you are funny, your "hoodlums" are bright, beautiful, and they are being raised to honor God above all else (no pressure) so not to worry. :)

Carrie said...

My dear girlfriends, I am humbled and driven to my knees for my boys and your girls. God's grace is so deep and I couldn't be happier to have either of you for in-laws.

BTW if there is a "brawl" comin, I want front row seats and will have my video camera on. You guys crack me up!!!!!!! LOL

ratherbflyin said...

Carrie,

I'll bring the popcorn.