Friday, January 25, 2008

Today I cried

It started innoculously enough. I was doing school with A and G while M napped. We were sitting at the counter, enjoying hot cocoa, A was doing math and G was reading to me. And then, A burped.

Honestly, I don't know where this child acquired such a skill. Truly, she can let rip with a burp that far surpasses those of many of the guys I knew in high school. She can, on demand, let loose with such deep gutteral noises that are just so nasty and icky sounding that I'm appalled. If it weren't for the fact that she says really funny things in the middle burps and the ways she screws up her face as she's doing it, I'd truly be grossed out. She'd let out a burp and then burp "excuse me" in the very next breath.

I tried to get her to stop, because, how can I possibly raise a proper young lady when my 10 year old girl is burping like a beer guzzling college boy? As I'm trying to threaten her with more math problems for every burp,she burped, "How many Mooooom?"

About that same time, on the other side of me, my cherubic kindergartener let rip with a toot. Not just any toot, but one that sounded like it came from the same college boy that her sister was just imitating. Or a 50 year old man on a fishing trip. It was not a pretty sound and the smell drove me out of my chair between them. Of course, this display made her laugh, just like big sister's burps had, moments before.

So now my beautiful girls are both out of control. They're burping, tooting and laughing their fool heads off. They're beside themselves with glee and G was laughing so hard that she was starting to drool and doing that higher pitched out of control laugh because her amusement was so great.

And that is when I lost it.

I couldn't help myself and I started to laugh. Watching them laugh at each others gross bodily functions so hard that they couldn't breathe.... man... who could help but laugh?? Their laughter was so contagious that I let loose and totally cracked up. And then I lost control and I couldn't stop laughing either and then I was bent over double because their laughter truly infected me. Then I was laughing so hard that tears were streaming down my cheeks.

Sometimes, tears really are a good thing.

2 comments:

craftaddictconfessional said...

Too bad you can't bottle that stuff up. Think of all the money you could save on fuel! LOL!

alittlemoore said...

What little stinkers you have....literally! Lol!