Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Summer time

Since winter's draggin' on and on, I'm starting to dream of summer. Okay, what it really means is I went thru the girls' summer bins (again!) to see if there's anything I need to make or buy. This includes shoes. I have issues with summer shoes.

I really hate open toed sandals for my kids. It's not that I don't think they're totally adorable, I think I just have issues.

Do you remember either riding your bike or running down the street in the summer, in your sandals or flip flops and you'd stumble and stub your big toe? And that big circle flap of skin would get rubbed off and just be hangin' there?? And you'd run cryin' to your mom and she'd set you on the counter and insist on getting out the biggest scissors she owned and want to whack off that piece of skin after pulling on it slightly so she could cut off the whole thing?? And it hurt SOOO bad and you'd be screamin' and flailin' and she'd yell at you to sit still and be quiet? Or was that just my mom??

I know I can't be the ONLY child who had that happen every.single.summer.

Of course, I'm trying to get past it. I bought M some adorable little red gingham and strawberry sandals at Target the other week to go with all the super de duper cheap Gymboree strawberry and gingham stuff I got on clearance last fall. But, so help me, if I have to pin her down to cut off that flap of skin when she's wearing them..... I will cry along with her.

2 comments:

ThoughtfulMom said...

You've found the reason that I've spent a fortune on Keen sandels for Drew the past three summers.

Guess it's time to save for another pair.

Actually, I wore my pair of fake Keens out. Maybe I can find fake ones for everybody.

~*~ Jennifer ~*~ said...

Oh MAN!! that made my legs cringe...