Thursday, March 27, 2008

3 years

Yesterday marked three years ago that I moved to Wisconsin from God's country--Iowa. It's been an adjustment, but we're making it.

Three years ago, I had a small baby and now I have a terrific preschooler who's talking up a storm and keeping me on my toes.

I had a yard full of mud and no driveway when we moved into this house and now I have grass, a cool stamped driveway and a down-payment on a fence for the backyard.

I still have the unfinished basement that's longing to be a useable space but now, we have a drawing of what we want to do with that space. If only we had the time to work on it.

Three years ago, I had three wonderful kids and a motivated husband. Now, I have three wonderful kids, a very hard working, pilot husband AND a dog.

Three years ago, I called my house "The ugly house" and while I feel still that it's very boring on the outside, there's always something interesting going on inside. And my kitchen is blue. That's fun.

Three years ago, it snowed the day we moved in. Today....it's snowing too.

I hear it's spring in Iowa. And the DaddyMan has to wonder why I miss my homeland. ;)

4 comments:

~*~ Jennifer ~*~ said...

Fooled ya.. it snowed today.

CRAZY weather... thunder storms, hail, sleet, flurries... up to an inch in Boone.

I think it's caused by global warming. ::giggle::

Cathe said...

I am glad you are here! Think how much fun we have... tomorrow Alanna and I are coming to see you and we can go to Joanns and buy 99 cent Simplicity patterns! Doesn't get much better than that!

Anonymous said...

WI loves you!!

Hey, I see Cathe is coming to see you tomorrow. Thanks for inviting me.

WAAAAAAA!!!

Cathe said...

She doesn't ever invite me. I just come. Sometimes I bring other people. Angela is just glad if I let her know ahead of time.