Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter!

Aaah, what a blessed Easter! I got up feeling excited that it wasEaster and remembering Jesus's great sacrifice for ME. And the fact that our God is SO big and powerful that He's even bigger than death. What a wonderful thing! He is risen indeed! Worship this morning was wonderful. The DaddyMan played his bass and he'd warned me that it'd be 'rockin'' and it was. It was awesome!

I also felt a weight off my shoulders 'cause I didn't have any last minute sewing to do this year! That too shows there's a God! :D

Here are all three of my cherubs this morning before church. Did you know if you get up and get ready before the kids are up, you actually have time to take photos unhurried before you need to hurry out the door? :D

A's dress I finished two weeks ago! It's (I think) a Hannah Montana pattern. That round neckline is cute, but man...whatta pain!

Here are the little two. M's feeling affectionate. I'm not sure what G's feeling. No pain, it looks like. :P
Here's G in her dress. I followed a pattern for the smocking of hers and um...she's a bit short for this many rows of smocking. Oops. Next year I'll let the hem down and it'll fit better, I think. She loved it so I guess it's okay. :)


And here's M. This is the child who yelled, "Blech" every time I showed her her new dress. Stinker. Hers of course fits well and went together the fastest. Figures. :P

Here's a close up of the smocking on hers. This was a fast pattern but I'm thinking I should add some buillion roses(GULP!) or something to jazz it up a bit.

4 comments:

Kim said...

What beautiful dresses. The girls look so pretty! Happy Easter.

Mary (craft addict) said...

The dresses look fabulous!

Zina said...

These are just gorgeous. What a naughty girl to yell "Blech" (I have one here who would do that) but it at least looks like she enjoyed wearing it.

Smockity Frocks said...

Beautiful! The dresses AND the girls!