Tuesday, May 13, 2008

You're not his wife?

In light of yesterdays speech blooper, I thought I'd start a new section of my blog entitled "Say What?". I'm often guilty of opening my mouth before my brain engages. It's a curse and the results are often embarrassing or totally and completely mortifying.

Early in our marriage, we attended a small, very Southern Baptist church. One Sunday after the service, my dear GS (he wasn't the DaddyMan yet) was chatting with an older man when I moseyed into their conversation. The man was a church elder and was talking to GS about something he wanted GS to become involved in. After listenting a moment, I asked if I was going to be included in this get together they were planning.

The elder grinned and said, "Well, you are his wife, aren't you?"

Feeling rather cheeky, I responded in my best witchy hiss, "Noooo, we're just living in SIN!"

Based on the look on poor GS's face, I'm thinking he thought life at that moment would've been better if he'd remained single. Or married an introvert.

No comments: