Saturday, August 2, 2008

Another road trip funny

My dad's lived in the same house since he married my mom, back in '61. In the last few years, things have changed a bit around the house--the 100+ year old maple trees are coming down, the driveway's been repaved and the neighbors put up a mailbox, almost straight across from Dad's driveway.



Within the first 30 minutes of getting to Dad's, he pointed out the neighbor's mailbox and told me to be careful so I don't hit it. I'm 35 and I'm still getting driving pointers from my dad. Isn't that precious?



What's really precious is that I've apparently married my father. Because when the DaddyMan showed up, he pointed out the neighbor's mailbox and told me not to hit it. In a manner that I've taken to using when the DaddyMan pretends to be my Daddy, I said, "Oookay Denny!" (yes, Denny is DAD's name).



(While it slightly annoys the DaddyMan to be called by another man's name, he's starting to get the point that when he acts like my dad, he gets called by my dad's name. When he acts like my husband, servant, love slave..... I have a whole list of other names I use for him. ;) )



The other day when I took the girls to swimming lessons and in my effort to parallel park, I almost hit a mailbox with my mirror. From the back seat, A yelled, "Don't hit the mailbox!" and from the other backseat, G piped in with "Ooookay Denny!"



They're going to be SUCH good wives someday.

2 comments:

Carrie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
~*~ Jennifer ~*~ said...

Oh funny... Wayne (my 3yo) has taken to saying, "Daaaaan." Oh goodness... I need to watch my tone.