Friday, August 22, 2008

Funny or glorifying?

The other day I was perusing blogs and found a link to a site that tells you what all the trendy moms are wearing. It was called something like 'fashion911".

While I was perusing the site, my friend, Erica called and asked what I was doing. I told her the name of the site I was on and she started to laugh. When I asked why, she responded, "Oh I had a funny thought but it wasn't very nice so I'm not going to say it. But I know you'd laugh."

I was feeling punchy and asked her if her comment glorified God.

She responded, "Well, no. But it was funny!"

I kept harassing her, "Ever notice that "funny" and "glorify God" don't generally go hand in hand??"

She agreed, but knew that I would find her rude comment funny. So I made her tell me. The comment she had about me reading a blog called "fashion 911"?

"Oh, did you see a picture of yourself on there??"

After I picked myself up from rolling on the floor, I just HAD to tell her, "I was right, that didn't glorify God..... but it really was funny!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.