Saturday, August 2, 2008

The great road trip journal

Somehow, on this road trip, I took fewer pictures than ever before. We spent a week with my folks, yet have no pictures of them. We spent two nights at my dearest friend's house and have um...5? pictures to show for that. Somehow I really managed to take pictures the day we spent at my sister's house and most of those are of little spotted puppies.


Oops.

Here's A with the puppy she deemed her favorite. Nike's his name.

Here's my sister and G and another puppy. I'm not a detail person when it comes to small hairy critters. This could be Adidas. Or as G called her, "Anus." There's nothing like hearing your child yell, "Anus! Come 'ere Anus!" to make you giggle like a 6th grader. BTW, I think the Dalmatian Club should use this as their PR photo. It took me 4 shots to get this. LOL


Here's G with all the puppies.... Nike, Adidas, Asics and Reebok. Can you tell my sister's a runner and how she picked her current litter's name?

Gotta love a little sister who can run thru your photo op and spoil the picture, don'tcha?

Here's M 'helping' the puppies climb the step. No puppies were harmed in this production. (Thank God!)


Isn't she precious?? (I might be biased!)

I was TRYING to get a good shot of all three. But if you make this picture bigger by clicking on it....you can see more clearly that ONE child didn't want to be part of a good picture. Stinker.


Aaah, that's better. No one making goofy faces in this shot!
My adorable niece and her horse. I love that they share the same haircolor.
Finally, the event the girls had been waiting for! Time to ride Shimmer! Or you could call her Pinky Pie. Shimmer spent the previous week at the county fair and was still a little pink from her "Walk on the Wild Side." G of course thought the pink paint TOTALLY make Shimmer better than ever before.

A once again was able to lead Shimmer to the fence and mount with no help. Shimmer's so patient.

My niece taught M the finer points of horsemanship. AKA--old ponies mosey slow.

More ridin' double.

Little Miss Chatterbox thought that riding with her 'big' cousin was SO cool!

Here's my other niece. And her spotty dog. Are you seeing a dog theme yet around here?


Just a tip--trying to take a picture of five children in a tree is NOT easy.

Shooting just one is a far better idea!
We got to be goofy with some other old friends too. Actually, lots of other old friends, but again... I didn't pull out my camera. I'm so blessed by my Iowa friends. I always feel like I'm 'speed visiting' or something when I go back and try to pack in visits to as many people as possible in a short time period. Inevitably, I miss someone and feel bad for months. I was fortunate to see many that I love this time tho and we had lots of fun in a short time space.


When it was time to come home, my van was suddenly fuller than before. This child even managed tho throw clothes and toothbrushes for herself and two of her siblings into a basket before buckling herself in.

The other stowaways hid in the back. See the arm by A's feet? Yep, another one.

This is what we had to see when we told them that they couldn't come along. Their mom said they had to clean house. They were not amused.

But two of them attempted to follow us home. They wanted to tie themselves to the bumper and just be towed behind. Um.....no. As much as we'd love to have you, I'm thinking riding IN the van would be a far better (and safer!) way to travel!
Whew! So there you have it. A plethora of pictures from God's country.

2 comments:

Cathe said...

I am so glad you were blessed by this trip! It looks like a wonderful time.

Anonymous said...

I was wondering where you were.
Aren't you glad to be home so you can follow the Favre saga much more closely?