Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Ow.

Yesterday, in my never ending quest to be a good mom, I took my girls to a picnic in the park. We packed a lunch and set out. I parked the van, stepped over the log that is the parking lot boundry and started walking.

Three steps later, I stepped into a hole and suddenly my ankle did a really good imitation of Rice Krispies--snap, crackle, POP! Ow ow ow ow. It hurt badly enough that tears came to my eyes and I coudn't even say somethin' ugly. (Good thing since I had three parrots beside me!) It took me several minutes to suck it up and limp my way to the nearest picnic table so we could have our picnic.

Today, it still hurts. It's not swollen and not bruised but dang.... I feel whiny. I wrapped it in an Ace bandage from the first aid kit and I guess time will tell. It's been a while since I've given myself a good sprain (surely it can't be anything worse!) and I guess I'll spend the day layin' around with my foot up. Right......

2 comments:

alittlemoore said...

Ouchies! Hope it is healed soon!

Amy said...

I hope your ankle heals quickly! Ouch.