Thursday, September 18, 2008

Mass, Weight & Matter

I was explaining the difference between weight and mass to A this morning. Your weight changes, your mass doesn't. Since the word matter came up, I had to go back to my 3rd grade science fair project and quote "There are 4 states of matter: solid, liquid, gas and plasma." (Plasma wasn't really as state of matter when I was in 3rd grade tho.)

She thinks and says, "We're made of matter? Like you, when you eat onions? You're solid, liquid, plasma and gas!

Um....yeah. Somethin' like that.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

I see you labeled this school. LOL

Carrie said...

A never fails to miss an opportunity for quick wit. As I always say, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Cathe said...

Tell me again... how old does that girl have to be before she can marry Matthew? They would be a perfect match. It would make for kind of scary grandchildren, though...

Erica said...

Thats wonderful. I'm so glad she can apply what she learns.