Friday, December 5, 2008

Giggle, snort

Do you ever have days when you wish you'd grow up and be that refined Jackie O type woman that you idolized as a child?

I'm not getting there very fast.

Yesterday, while at church for my mom's group, a friend said something that totally took me by surprise and totally shocked me. She said it while I was taking a drink. A drink of orange juice, to be exact.

And do you know what I did when she said it? Oh yeah--I totally sprayed orange juice out my nose. Seriously people, what 35 year old, refined, mature woman does THAT?

To make the situation worse, I couldn't just calmly wipe it up, blow my nose, regain my composure and walk on. Oh, no, because orange juice in your sinuses burns like a bad case of 'roids, which means you must blow repeatedly. (oops, tmi) Not to mention that it's very hard to repeatedly blow your nose, wipe up the mess you've made and get back your composure when you're laughing so hard that there are tears streaming down your face and you're bent over double as you remember just what your friend said and the fact that you blew orange juice all over.

Sheesh. I'm never going to drink in public again. And then maybe I'll mature.

2 comments:

Debi said...

Oh my! This made me laugh so hard -- I would have loved to have been there!!!

Anonymous said...

What did she say to you?????