Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The Great Christmas Tagging

My friend Cathe, tagged me. Cathe's an amazing quilter and all around really smart lady. She's a tiny bit bossy and while last week she did give me two red flags on the message board we're on together, I'm going to accept her tag anyway.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper. I wrap each of the girls' packages in different paper and leave off the name tags. That way they don't know whose is whose before Christmas. (Shh...don't tell them my secret code. So far they haven't figured it out!)

2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial. We used to buy real Blue Spruce trees when we had toddlers tho. Blue Spruce are pokey and my children learned quickly not to touch.

3. When do you put up the tree? Mid December.

4. When do you take the tree down? I like to take it down right after Christmas, but the DaddyMan likes to leave it up until after New Year's.

5. Do you like eggnog? Eww. No!

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Um....

7. Hardest person to buy for? My dad.

8. Easiest person to buy for? A

9. Do you have a nativity scene? I have have my Grandma's set. It's a porcelain Mary holding baby Jesus and Joseph leaning protectively over her. I also have a complete Precious Moments set but I don't love it like I used to, so I should eBay it. I LOVE the new Willow Tree set and am coveting that.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail. They each have a picture AND a letter. That's what I like to receive too.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Rainbow Brite folders. You know, the kind you use in school?? I was about 11 when I was given them and they were NOT a hit. The plastic cover for my car to keep the snow off wasn't a hit either.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? White Christmas.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? August? I like spreading out the spending.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas gift? Yes. Remember the car cover from #11? Mom gave it to me the next year too. ROTFL!

16. Lights on the tree? Yes.

17. Favorite Christmas song? Away in a Manger

18. Travel at Christmas or stay at home? Home! The DaddyMan insisted on this tradition early in our marriage. We spend Christmas Day at home and I love it! I do miss the friends we had in Iowa who would come over on Christmas night to celebrate A's birthday with us tho.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Yes. My brain is full of useless information like that. I can name the dwarfs too. :P

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? A star. I know a really bad joke about how the angel got on top of the Christmas tree. If you'd like to hear it, ask me the next time you see me. ;)

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? We started the tradition of getting new pjs for the kids on Christmas Eve and we open the rest of the presents on Christmas Day.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Santa. Christmas is about Jesus, people! We don't do Santa at our house and I hate hate hate watching people lie to their kids and I hate all the Santa decorations, cards and stupid inflatable things in people's yards.

23. What theme or color are you using? Random bright colors.

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner. Mom's cinnamon rolls that the DaddyMan makes for Christmas morning breakfast. We have seafood for supper. I'd rather eat cinnamon rolls.

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? To spend time with my family, relaxing and having fun.

26. Who is most likely to respond to this? Erica and Mary. They are decorating goddesses this time of year and this will give them a chance to post pictures.

27. Who is least likely to respond to this? Carrie. If you saw the contortions she has to go thru to check her email, you'd understand why.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks. Now I have tons of questions to use on HK.

Cathe said...

ahem.

Anonymous said...

I can't read your answers... oy.

Chautona (who posts anonymously because google and blogger are an evil combo)

Cathe said...

Btw - I have to highlight the text on this page to read it. I think you should change to something that is easier to read. I know you appreciate my advice.

DangitAnge said...

Okay, I fixed it. Happy now??