Thursday, December 25, 2008

A Merry Christmas was had by all.

Look! I got a hippopotomus for Christmas! After singing the "I want a hippopotomus for Christmas" song for the last week, I got one! Apparently when the DaddyMan took the girls out shopping for my gifts yesterday, they looked for a hippopotomus for me. When they couldn't find one, A came home and made one out of clay for me. Isn't she the sweetest? I know the best gift I could give the DaddyMan would be to stop singing that song. We all know how he feels about my singing.....


So yesterday while they were out shopping, I cranked out Christmas pjs for my girls. Are you noticing a last minute trend here? Um..yeah. Anyway, notice that ALL of my girls are looking at the camera AND smiling and no one's making a funny face or looking like they're not all there? Yeah...hmm. Go figure that when it's too late for the Christmas cards, THEN I get a decent picture!

My sweet aunt in California sent us all Big Dog tee shirts. A really loves hers!

This came from Aunty C and Uncle D. It's been a BIG hit today and all the girls have played with the vet kit. Poor Piper tho--I'm not sure she likes all the scrutiny that she's gotten with this set.

Ooh, a Breyer for G. Notice her pose? Yeah...remember this pose.

Ooh look, a bag to color, courtesy of Uncle D and Aunty C. She's SO excited to get to work on this. (Notice the pose again??)
Here's A with the Craigslist find I mentioned yesterday. I was right--she was THRILLED! Positively thrilled! Mama did good on this one!
And here's G again, you know, the kid with the head tilt, with her American Girl doll. Also a big hit. Although she informed me that Elizabeth doesn't come with, ahem, undergarments. Odd. I find it odd that a doll comes without them AND that she checked but I'm not going to think very hard about either of these things.
Here's M with one of the many Playmobil sets that was opened today. Have I mentioned how much my children love Playmobil? Seriously, worth every penny around here. Even the Playmobil pennies that I've accidently vacuumed up in recent years.
And here's Piper Wupper. She's finally found a clear enough spot to lie down and assess the damage. Or she's trying to figure out what she can eat that we won't notice.

4 comments:

ThoughtfulMom said...

Wow. Your girls made out like bandits.

Carrie said...

Sounds like you did well for your kiddos. Way to go mom! Ok, even Hannah commented how much A looks like you.

Did GS like the coffee pot? Was he surprised?

Anonymous said...

How fun!! THey have a hippo webkinz.

Cathe said...

I love that picture of the girls!

B, R and A are coming here for a few days. Wanna come see them? Please?