Monday, December 15, 2008

More vacation pics

Oh for cryin' out loud! For some reason, my pictures are all cropped! If you want to see the whole picture, you need to click on them. Sorry. I'd take the time to figure out why this happened today but I'm supposed to be back to the grind--you know, school, homework, cleaning the house and other such fun??

****************************

Remember slide shows? Remember how when you were a kid, your grandma would set up a slide show of their trip to visit great aunt whomever and you were forced to see a bazillion pics of people you didn't know and places you've never been?

Thank God it's 2008 and you can skip a bunch of pics if you want instead of being stuck in a chair in the corner of the living room.

Did you know there's just not as much oxygen at 11,000 feet? For us lowlanders, that was a bit of a problem. G greeted us the very first morning by announcing that she was going to puke. And then she did. Bless her heart. After she got that out of her system, she was perfectly fine.

My uncle and the two children that he renamed Wiggle and Squirm. Gee, I don't know why....
These are the skiers that managed to take on the blue runs. That's easy stuff for the men of the family and a good accomplishment for A who's ever only skied about 3 times before this week.

The family ski bunnies. Or somethin' like that....
The Pink Torpedo/ Squirm
The Natural

Kamikazee Kid/Wiggle


The DaddyMan, mastering the art of getting TWO beginners on a chair lift by himself. Fortunately for him, I'd given G some lessons on this skill a couple days earlier. I need all the help I can get to get on and off myself, which pretty much meant she had to learn how to get off by herself (the helpful lift attendants will help her get on at the bottom of the mountain). We never once crashed at the top. THAT is in accomplishment to be proud of!

Playing Follow the Leader down the mountain.

Tom and Squirm. He taught her how to do tricks.

Like this. Who do you think is the brave one here? I offered to try this trick, but I was given "The Look". Maybe next year. ;)


A smiling A.
Squirm and wiggle beating some goofy woman down the mountain.

And last but not least, the DaddyMan. Watching him ski makes my heart go pitter pat. Ooooh, baby. He ended the week with two very swollen fingers that he got while trying not to smash my baby into the snow. Whatta guy!

1 comment:

Cathe said...

Looks like a great time! I am glad you came home in time for the wedding, though.

My xanga page sometimes crops the pictures, too, but the wedding pictures I posted were just fine.