Friday, March 13, 2009

Put away those scissors!

My two little girls had long bangs. Since I'm the one that gives them haircuts, it was up to me to remedy this problem. I should've picked a better time to trim them tho--rather than doing it in a hurry before we needed to be somewhere.

I also should've stuck with the idea to start small and trim off more if necessary. I should not have said "Oops!" when I realized that I'd whacked off more than I should have. I also should have cut straight.

As soon as I was done making those 4 mistakes, G looked in the mirror, then looked at me and sweetly said, "Thanks for giving me a really bad haircut Mom!"

I know, this post would be far more telling with a photo. But I've embarrassed this poor child enough and I can't bear to ask her to ham it up for a 'bad haircut photoshoot'. She asked me to make her a bandana to cover her hair so people don't point and laugh.

This mama has some serious guilt. I may actually pay someone to cut her hair the next time.

8 comments:

pursuedbylove said...

I am laughing so hard........sorry! LOL

Amy said...

I get so nervous when I trim the girl's hair. I don't think I could do it if they have bangs. I hope the bandanas are cute! :-)

Cathe said...

Put scotch tape straight across the bangs where you want to cut them. Cut right under the tape.

theciskekidsrblessings said...

Yeah, I cut my family's hair... but just the boys. So when I screw up royally with my son's I just buzz it! I haven't tried with the girl yet... I think it will just be my payment for the boys and we will just take her to the salon with mom... yikes, way to go for attempting it (and it looks like this isn't your first time, so kudos to you!)

Anonymous said...

Come on, we want to see a pic!

Carrie said...

Come on, we all love you here and have probably done the same thing (except mine was on a boy or two and then they got buzzed). Bring on the picture.

steffany said...

Her quote made me laugh outloud.
Hilarious.

marineswife said...

This is why I like them to not have bangs!!! I don't mind doing trims. I hate bangs. Had to trim Hannah's last night..they're a little short. LOL