Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!

Aaah, Easter! The greatest holiday for Christians! What a glorious day! He IS risen!
This year I was ready to relax and celebrate this day because.... my sewing was done ahead of time! Hooray!

I started with M's a couple weeks ago--I knew the smocking would take time. Since I was winging the pattern, I had to interrupt her nap a couple times on Friday to remeasure her and be sure that the idea in my head would work.
It fit okay, but I hated the first draft of the back. So, I whacked it off and tried again. I love the revision and so does she. For the summer this will be perfect. For today, she needed a shirt underneath.
G's dress is my first attempt at counterchange smocking. It took a couple tries but then I figured it out. To quote G, "Yay me!" The back of hers looks like M's and she loves it. That's huge for this child--if she doesn't like it, she won't wear it. :P

By the time I got to sewing A's outfit (Saturday morning around 10 am), I was tired of drafting dress patterns. So, I winged a skirt. I decided to pleat it, make buttonholes to run a belt thru and call it done. She loves it.

All three of my cherubs before church this morning. I got us all ready, hair curled and everything AND to church on time. That, my friends, is nothing short of a miracle either. :)

5 comments:

Erica said...

SUPER cute!!! I love love love the little girls dresses!!! A's skirt is cute too. :) You REALLY need to etsy those!

houseofestrogen said...

Those are GREAT! I'm so impressed with how fast you whipped those out! The smocked dresses are darling, and the skirt looks wonderful!

Amy said...

Gorgeous!!!

You are amazing, woman!

myimaginaryblog said...

Yup, getting to church on time is always an Easter miracle! They look beautiful. I LOVE the fabric on the first jumper, and the counterchange jumper is adorable, too.

theciskekidsrblessings said...

So very adorable! you are just so talented!