Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I am loved.

I was talking to my favorite Uncle Tom tonight on the phone. He calls me regularly and we talk about almost everything. Tonight's conversation was mostly about a sewing project he wants me to do for him. He offered to pay me to do it to make sure he gets into my 'to be done immediately' queue. I laughed.

I also told him about a fun quote I read. Since he lives in a house full of women, I thought he'd appreciate it. It is, "Women aren't so hard to figure out. Just tell us we're pretty and give us chocolate."

He laughed and then said, "I better go, Beautiful. And there's a check coming your way."

Since I hadn't realized he seriously planned to pay me to sew for him (silly uncle!) I said, "What for?"

And he replied, "Chocolate."

Finally! A man who gets it! :)

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Everyone should be so blessed to have an "uncle Tom." I am so glad God chose you for that privilege.

Sharie said...

I agree w/ what Carrie said.