Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Just another day

As we were doing our ten minute tidy today--you know that's the massive cleaning spree we do in the 10 minutes before the DaddyMan arrives home that makes it look like we did a full days work--I made A do the vacuuming. (Lest you think I'm a mean ol' mom, I was cleaning the kitchen of lunch dishes, groceries, mail and shoes. The small ones were putting away toys.)

I noticed she had managed to vacuum the entire family room before her sisters managed to clear the floor of some good sized toys. I said, "I find it interesting that you managed to vacuum the whole floor when it's still covered in toys."

She said, "Yep, pretty amazing, aren't I??"

Oy.

4 comments:

Carrie Sterner said...

You are doing a great job at instilling self-confidence in them! :)

Barb said...

Man, I thought I was the only one who did the 10 minute pick up, although I did hear of one woman who would also put a touch of pinesol here and there so it would not only look clean but smell clean.

Cathe said...

She IS amazing. Another child would have said, "Ain't I?"

sodbusters said...

hee hee. Its amazing what happens in that 10minute cleanup time. ROFL