Tuesday, December 22, 2009

My happy place

(Click on the picture to make it big and be able to see it all.)

One of the main perks in fiinishing out the basement, is that I get a sewing room. Finally! A room of my own! I'm still trying to get the house back together after all this stuff's been done but last week I decided to crack down and tidy my sewing room. After all, I had some Christmas sewing to do, which obviously made it a priority.

I painted several weeks ago and didn't love the color. It needed girlied up a bit. So I took some painter's canvases and covered them with fabric. 5 minutes with my rotary cutter and a staple gun and I had art. The picture over my desk is a series of pictures of my mom at about age 5. She was pretty cute. She used to sew all the time. The picture to the right of that is a magnetic board. I was going to hang it just as a dry erase board, but it had some ugly spots, so I covered it with fabric too. The big beautiful flower? G made me that. :)
I've spent hours folding my stash to make it neat and tidy. I've noticed in looking at other sewing rooms online, that my stash isn't really THAT big. I would like to get a bunch of it used up tho and some of those pieces have been hangin' around a while.
There ya have it.... my happy place.

No comments: