Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Randomness

I think I gave the last post the same title. Oh well...

My house is coming together. It's no longer looking quite so much like a bomb went off, but still has the 'we just moved in' feel to it. I put a bunch of stuff on the school shelves and I've put my sewing machines on the sewing table. Aaah, that's homey.

I'm doing a bunch of sewing for Christmas. I love sewing. The house is still a mess but at least I'm making pretty things. That makes me happy.

We haven't decorated for Christmas yet. I REALLY want to paint the family room and kitchen in a more mature color scheme (my kitchen is currently 'painter's tape blue') and I haven't done it. I was going to paint my sewing room and those two rooms the same color, but the sewing room's darker than I wanted. A told me it's the color of puke. Lovely. I think it's more of a dark khaki. When I take pictures, you can decide for yourselves.

We did school in our new school room today. That made me VERY happy. Finally--the thing that's super high on my priority list has it's on space! No more books all over the kitchen counter and table!!

I found an adorable little Pottery Barn table on Craigslist last week. We stayed home from our regular activities that day because M had a fever the day before. Thankfully she wasn't too sick to be loaded in the van and drive for an hour to pick up the table. It's the perfect size for both G and M and I love to watch them sit and work at it.

Pictures will be coming. I promise!

No comments: