Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Happy New Year.

Um yeah, it's like the 11th already, isn't it? And I haven't blogged the Christmas photos or A's birthday. And while it seems a little wrong to make the first post of the new year be one that has a bad word in it...well, three days later, I'm still laughing, so that's what I'm starting with.

I took the girls to Sonic over the weekend. Since we eat there about twice a year, I let them get kids meals. The kids meals came with card games. One of the games involves spelling out words (you know where this is going, don't you?).

So, G (age 7.5) sits at the table and plays her new game with the DaddyMan. He lays out the cards and she tells him when she finds a word. They play nicely for several minutes.

Then she starts to sound out, "Shhhhhhhiiiiit. Shiiit. Mom, is sh!t a word?"

I tried hard to keep a straight face. So does the DaddyMan. A turns her back on her little sister and silently shakes with laughter.

The DaddyMan pipes in with, "Not a nice word."
The best I could do was, "How about hits or hit or sit?"

But no, she knew it was a word and collected all four of her letter cards. I guess I should just be happy that she learned to read with phonics and can sound things out, right?

3 comments:

Tawna said...

Oh my goodness. That was HILARIOUS! LOL!!!!

Amanda said...

Oh my word!!! I busted a gut on this one Ange!!

Sharie said...

FUNNY! Yes, learning new words is FUN!