Sunday, January 31, 2010

The one where she talks about toilets

Our toilets suck. Seriously. I kid you not, I bet I have to plunge one of them no less than 5 days a week. We have invested in heavy duty plungers for EVERY bathroom in the house. And they see LOTS of use.

Last night when I went to put the girls to bed, I noticed a funky smell in their bathroom. Once again, someone had done the deed, clogged the pipes and forgotten to mention it to a grown up in the house (that'd be me, 'cause the DaddyMan gets crabby about it.)

So, I plunged and plunged and plunged and when the water threatened to overflow, I left the seat up, the plunger IN the water and walked away.

This morning, as we were getting ready for church, I was in the girls' bathroom again and noticed that now the water in the toilet had receded, but in it's place was a HUGE wad of soggy toilet paper ON the plunger. EWW! I about went ballistic. "Who used the toilet that is clogged!? And WHY??? AAAARGH!!"

A small sweet cherub sweetly said, "I needed to go to the baffroom!" I was still in shock. So I had to ask, "How did you go potty in a toilet with the seat up and a plunger in it??"

To which she replied, with a smile, "I've got SKILLS!"

(I still don't know how she did it.)

5 comments:

Carrie Sterner said...

My husband has gotten pretty good at installing toilets so he is for cheap hire. He says there are some high performance toilets that can better handle your offspring's "offspring."

Tawna said...

HA HA HA HA! I got skills. That's fantastic. LOL

marineswife said...

Um. Scary skills! LOL

Anonymous said...

Keep posting stuff like this i really like it

Anonymous said...

You need to have someone come and 'snake' your toilet out to the main on the street. Something is in there!!