Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Moms shouldn't have favorites

As I mentioned the other day, I've been walking on the treadmill most days. G thinks this is strictly a weight loss plan and apparently has given this some thought. As she hugged me yesterday, she said, "You're going to look a lot different when you're thin."

I was rather shocked. "G!"

With a sweet smile, she responded, "I'm just sayin'." :shrug:

Later that same day, I was watching a few minutes of a talk show and the host was asking the guests if they worried they turn into their abusive mother. (okay...whatever.) A overheard and said, "I think it'd be good if I was a mom just like you."

Seriously....that's the nicest thing anyone's said to me in WEEKS. I reached out to hug her, tears forming in my eyes and was met with, "Eww! Don't HUG me!"

That's okay, she's still my favorite. ;) At least for today....

3 comments:

Cara said...

We have to take compliments when we get them and that sounds like a great one! You are a great mom and the world would be a better place if more moms cared like you did! (It would also be a very funny place with lots of laughs!) :)

Sharie said...

Those surprise comments from your children are so precious...remember them when you go thru some tough times w/ them! And usually when they 'say' they don't want hugs, they really do enjoy them and need them most when you might not be wanting to give them one...how ironic!

Amanda said...

That is just so sweet!!!