Friday, March 19, 2010

I'm raising pyros

It's been beautiful and sunny here this week. To my children, that means it's time to ask repeatedly if they can wear capris (no), go barefoot (no), or play with magnifying glasses (yes).

Yesterday, A and G were busy at work trying to burn things up on the patio. A came in and asked for a birthday candle. Um, no.

She came back a few minutes later and told me about the book she's reading. In it, the boy uses his hatchet to strike a rock to make a spark and start a fire. She wanted to know if we had something metal she could use to hit the bricks of the patio with. Our conversation went something like this:

"Butter knife?"
"No."
"Sharp knife?"
"No."
"Hatchet??"
"NO!"

So she disappeared for a few more minutes. Very shortly, she came back.
"Mom, where's your hairspray?"
"No."
"Isn't it flammable?"
"No."
"It isn't?? I thought it was."
"It is, that's why you can't have it!"
"Oh. Can I have some cooking oil? It's flammable, right??"

3 comments:

Sonia Johnson said...

If that's what your sweet little girls like to do, what are my boys going to be doing in a few years?

Tawna said...

LOVE IT! That's just plain hilarious!

Erica said...

Now thats funny. Pretty sure they can't hang around my pyro Skyler.