Monday, April 26, 2010

Trash to treasure

After the great basement finish was completed last fall, I've been in the mood to 'finish' the rest of the house. You know, paint, organize and decorate the rest of the house just the way I wanted. It's been six months and I'm not there yet. I still have quite a ways to go, actually.

I came one small step closer this weekend though. One thing our family room's been lacking is end tables. Seriously, we have NO place to put your drink in this room, other than on the floor where it's guaranteed to be kicked over.

So, I was super excited to find this lovely table at a sale. It cost me..... 50 cents. SCORE!



We found the lamp at Goodwill. Based on the fact that it had a partially removed price sticker on it--I think I saw it at a garage sale a couple weeks back. I should've bought it then, but didn't 'cause I didn't have a table to put it on. :P It cost me $5.

A few hours later, after a trip to the store for spray paint ($10--textured metal paint's kinda pricey compared to your basic RED, a $2 harp, $1.34 finials and a $10 shade), I had this:



It was a good day. :) I did go back and buy one more can of slightly darker red paint, 'cause this is a tiny bit brighter than I wanted. If it ever stops raining, I'll give it another coat or three.

2 comments:

Erica said...

Lovely!! Great job! I did wonder however if it was finals you bought or finials?

Infarrantly Creative said...

I totally love it. The legs on that table are gorgeous and red!?!?! Awesome choice...way to be bold. You go girl with your spray painting self.