Thursday, June 24, 2010

Are we speaking the same language?

I went out of town again. If you're keeping track, this was the third time in just over a month. For one who loves to stay home and could write poetry about her love for her Select Comfort mattress, that's a lot.

Before I left, I kissed my M good bye. As I was also tucking her in for her nap, she was more concerned with making sure that Grandma had been given proper instructions on her care than she was with actually telling me good-bye.

Me--I love you.
M--Make sure you tell Grandma we get a snack after naps.
Me--Do you love me?
M--Like popsicles.
Me--You love me like popsicles??
M--No... I want popsicles for snack.

Hmm. Both of us were speaking English, but funny, we just weren't communicating.

1 comment:

Tawna said...

BWAHAHAHAHA! Oh my goodness. That is SO funny!