Sunday, November 20, 2011

Who's a turkey?

Saturday morning I had planned to sleep in. When that didn't happen, I decided to beat the Saturday morning grocery store rush by getting there early. A local store had turkeys for $.58 a pound with a $25 purchase. So I made my list and set out before the children were even out of bed. (I brought them home doughnuts to make up for leaving them all home while I shopped. Win-win!) I moseyed thru the store, enjoying the fact that it wasn't packed with shoppers, filled my cart, paid and went home. The DaddyMan came and helped me carry in groceries and as I shut the van door and turned to hand him the last bag, he asked, "Where's the turkey?" Um...yeah... The turkey. I had to go back to the store. Thankfully, they honored my 10 minute old receipt and gave me the sale price. I think I'm going to be a highly entertaining old lady, don't you?

No comments: